Delivery & Returns
What are the delivery charges?
To ensure our delivery charges remain competitive our fees are calculated by using an estimated weight. Once you have added all items to your basket a delivery charge will be calculated and applied to your basket.
We always try and ensure that our delivery charges are fair and competitive – should you wish to request a review of the delivery charge that is being applied to your basket, please contact us on 01923 210 011 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long will I have to wait before my order is delivered?
At Gutter Spares we always aim to despatch all orders within 1 working day, therefore, you should expect to receive all orders placed with standard delivery within 4 working days. A next day delivery option is also available for those orders placed before 12pm.
Where possible, we will always use our own vehicles for deliveries with the occasional exception for orders that our out of our networks area; in this scenario we would use one of our trusted third party couriers to ensure that your rainwater goods reach you on time and in good condition.
I need my goods urgently?
That’s no problem. Simply place your order online or over the phone selecting the next day delivery option before 12pm.
Please note; there are very rare occasions where circumstances can arise that are unfortunately out of our control which may sometimes cause a delay to your order getting to you.
What time in the day would I receive my delivery?
Unfortunately we are unable to specify a time of day for deliveries, however, the majority of orders are generally delivered between the hours of 7.30am-6pm.
The reason we don’t give a specific time for your order is that there are too many factors that are out of our control including traffic, which would make it impossible to give our customers accurate times.
Can I change my delivery address?
We are happy to change the delivery address of an order as long as the order has not yet been despatched, unfortunately, if the order has left our warehouse, we are unable to make any changes to the delivery information.
Can I request that my parcel be left somewhere safe if I am not in?
It is better if someone can be in to receive the delivery, but we do realise this is not always possible. You can specify a safe place for your parcels to be left without a signature, but this is at your own risk, and we would not be responsible for any loss or damage to your parcels.
1. We can only deliver to the door of the building specified, if there are any lifts or stairs then it is at the discretion of the delivery driver whether they are able to take the Gutter Spares any further.
2. Larger orders may be delivered on a pallet, if you feel that you would not be able to accept a pallet delivery or there are delivery restrictions at the delivery address then you must advise us at the time of ordering. You or someone you delegate the responsibility to would need to be available to receive a pallet delivery, as they cannot be left safe.
Please be aware that on larger orders you may be required to help the driver within reasonable means, if you think this may be a problem, please notify us at the time of ordering.
Delivery drivers are not contracted to carry any goods into premises or up any stairs. They can pull the pallet by means of a pallet truck as far as they can, but they would not remove the items from the pallet or take the pallet away. Taking a pallet away is at the complete discretion of the individual delivery driver.
3. We cannot deliver to PO addresses.
I have damaged/missing/faulty items, what do I do?
If the outside of the parcel appears to be in a bad state of repair then please sign for the parcel as damaged. All goods must be fully checked within 7 days of delivery and any damages/faults/shortages must be reported within the 7 days. Here is our quick guide:
1. Sign the delivery note damaged on any parcels that obviously appear to be damaged.
2. Check ALL the items and report any breakages/faults/shortages within 7 days of delivery. All damaged items must be reported in one email.
3. Contact us through the Contact Us page of the website, specifying what is broken,missing or faulty.
4. Please supply any photographic evidence you can so we can raise it with the couriers
5. We will offer to arrange a replacement or refund for your broken items
The items aren’t quite right for what I intended, can I send them back?
We do accept returns if you are not happy with your goods. Under Distance Selling Regulations you have the right to cancel the contract upon notice and return the Goods to us (at your expense) to our address within seven working days starting the day after delivery.
The returns procedure;
1.Go to our ‘contact us’ page and make sure you have your order number handy.
2 Advise us which items you wish to return, giving us the reason for your return – we’ll use this to process your return and also help us improve our customer service.
3. We will send you a returns form to complete. This will help us arrange a smooth collection.
4. Return the items in their original condition, including packaging and obtain proof of return from the carrier, if you are organising the return yourself.
5.We will then either arrange the collection or wait for your items to be returned to us. We must receive items back within 14 days of the delivery date. However, we must have been notified of your intention to return the goods within 7 days.
6. Refunds will be processed within 30 days of cancellation, less any applicable return fees.